Friday, July 27, 2012

Welcome to my backyard!

herbs and flowers


Hydrangeas and lilies

rabbit in the early evening


baby Robins 

Iris

Catbirds love the bird bath

Bunny looking for breakfast
Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. I'm Deb Hudson, I've been living in Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts for about eleven years now. My favorite hobbies are gardening, bird-watching, and photography, so I am starting this garden journal so that I can share with you the amazing beauty of nature that's right outside my back door. My backyard is in a wooded area, there are several willow trees along one side, many perennials, a fair amount of lawn, and three tiny gardens for vegetables and herbs. I get a lot of enjoyment from watching the many different birds and other wildlife that live in my backyard. I hope you will enjoy this blog and let me know what's happening in your backyard, too.  

7 comments:

  1. like it nice show me more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your close-ups, Debbie, especially the one of the bleeding heart on the front page, and the 2 baby robins with mouths wide open. Can I send the bunny that is eating up my garden down your way???? I feel like I understand Mr MacGreagor from Peter Rabbit much, much better now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, bunny rabbits are always welcome here! They are cute creatures, but I enclose my vegetable gardens with chicken wire so the rabbits can't get in, because they do like to eat the new growth on beans and other plants.

      Delete
    2. Debbie - I am SO impressed. You have a wonderful garden - bunnies and all. I love your photos!
      Sheila C.

      Delete
  4. Debbie, What a picturesqe plot of nature! You have created a canvas of color.Thank you for sharing your piece of paradise. Here in Chardon,Ohio I have decided not to fuss with bird feeders as every creature other then the birds finds its way to the seed and destroys the feeder in the process. Instead I fill one bird bath with "critter food", bird seed, nuts and sunflower seeds every day and all the wildlife can enjoy a daily banquet.A second bird bath is filled with clean water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janice!
      That's a great idea to use a bird bath as a feeder. I use a hanging bird feeder in the fall and winter, I take it down sometime in the spring when the squirrels get too pushy.
      Nice to hear from a fellow Midwesterner -- I grew up in Shaker Hts., Ohio. I hope you'll continue to enjoy my blog.
      Debbie

      Delete